Release Date: May 5, 2014
Python 3.4.1 was released on May 18th, 2014.
Python 3.4.1 has over three hundred bugfixes and other improvements over 3.4.0. One notable change: the version of OpenSSL bundled with the Windows installer no longer has the "HeartBleed" vulnerability.
Major new features of the 3.4 series, compared to 3.3
Python 3.4 includes a range of improvements of the 3.x series, including hundreds of small improvements and bug fixes. Among the new major new features and changes in the 3.4 release series are
- PEP 428, a "pathlib" module providing object-oriented filesystem paths
- PEP 435, a standardized "enum" module
- PEP 436, a build enhancement that will help generate introspection information for builtins
- PEP 442, improved semantics for object finalization
- PEP 443, adding single-dispatch generic functions to the standard library
- PEP 445, a new C API for implementing custom memory allocators
- PEP 446, changing file descriptors to not be inherited by default in subprocesses
- PEP 450, a new "statistics" module
- PEP 451, standardizing module metadata for Python's module import system
- PEP 453, a bundled installer for the pip package manager
- PEP 454, a new "tracemalloc" module for tracing Python memory allocations
- PEP 456, a new hash algorithm for Python strings and binary data
- PEP 3154, a new and improved protocol for pickled objects
- PEP 3156, a new "asyncio" module, a new framework for asynchronous I/O
- Change log for this release.
- Online Documentation
- What's new in 3.4?
- 3.4 Release Schedule
- Report bugs at http://bugs.python.org.
- Help fund Python and its community.
Please proceed to the download page for the download.
Notes on this release:
- The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture. (Also known as the "x64" architecture, and formerly known as both "EM64T" and "x86-64".) They will not work on Intel Itanium Processors (formerly "IA-64").
- There is important information about IDLE, Tkinter, and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X here.
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||618f398f53260dd50303795bbe432906||19261231||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||fba41e2d0b26b9042791eff642428b14||14105008||SIG|
|Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC installer||Mac OS X||for Mac OS X 10.5 and later||0d2449cdb0e6d29c86c9b31717964fb2||22831000||SIG|
|Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit installer||Mac OS X||for Mac OS X 10.6 and later||297bae844e63c62a8d7926517eb6adf4||22899257||SIG|
|Windows debug information files||Windows||0f87f551df1653afe4119ba75e30fbb0||36744364||SIG|
|Windows debug information files for 64-bit binaries||Windows||525f88136ad791f665ef64298b9c8ed0||24121026||SIG|
|Windows help file||Windows||aa70bee4837e4f9d583b8abb85a7b784||7295965||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 MSI installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64, not Itanium processors||d4d7f15976992cc69fcfb4c7d2cf6560||25255936||SIG|
|Windows x86 MSI installer||Windows||fff0fe9cf48cbd6ef439665991650ed0||24551424||SIG|