Release Date: May 19, 2014
Python 3.4.1 was released on May 18th, 2014.
Python 3.4.1 has over three hundred bugfixes and other improvements over 3.4.0. One notable change: the version of OpenSSL bundled with the Windows installer no longer has the "HeartBleed" vulnerability.
Major new features of the 3.4 series, compared to 3.3
Python 3.4 includes a range of improvements of the 3.x series, including hundreds of small improvements and bug fixes. Among the new major new features and changes in the 3.4 release series are
- PEP 428, a "pathlib" module providing object-oriented filesystem paths
- PEP 435, a standardized "enum" module
- PEP 436, a build enhancement that will help generate introspection information for builtins
- PEP 442, improved semantics for object finalization
- PEP 443, adding single-dispatch generic functions to the standard library
- PEP 445, a new C API for implementing custom memory allocators
- PEP 446, changing file descriptors to not be inherited by default in subprocesses
- PEP 450, a new "statistics" module
- PEP 451, standardizing module metadata for Python's module import system
- PEP 453, a bundled installer for the pip package manager
- PEP 454, a new "tracemalloc" module for tracing Python memory allocations
- PEP 456, a new hash algorithm for Python strings and binary data
- PEP 3154, a new and improved protocol for pickled objects
- PEP 3156, a new "asyncio" module, a new framework for asynchronous I/O
- Change log for this release.
- Online Documentation
- What's new in 3.4?
- 3.4 Release Schedule
- Report bugs at http://bugs.python.org.
- Help fund Python and its community.
Please proceed to the download page for the download.
Notes on this release:
- The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture. (Also known as the "x64" architecture, and formerly known as both "EM64T" and "x86-64".) They will not work on Intel Itanium Processors (formerly "IA-64").
- There is important information about IDLE, Tkinter, and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X here.
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||26695450087f8587b26d0b6a63844af5||19113124||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||6cafc183b4106476dd73d5738d7f616a||14125788||SIG|
|Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC installer||Mac OS X||for Mac OS X 10.5 and later||534f8ec2f5ad5539f9165b3125b5e959||22692757||SIG|
|Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit installer||Mac OS X||for Mac OS X 10.6 and later||316a2f83edff73bbbcb2c84390bee2db||22776248||SIG|
|Windows debug information files||Windows||9ce29e8356cf13f88e41f7595c2d7399||36744364||SIG|
|Windows debug information files for 64-bit binaries||Windows||44a2d4d3c62a147f5a9f733b030490d1||24129218||SIG|
|Windows help file||Windows||6ff47ff938b15d2900f3c7311ab629e5||7297786||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 MSI installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64, not Itanium processors||25440653f27ee1597fd6b3e15eee155f||25104384||SIG|
|Windows x86 MSI installer||Windows||4940c3fad01ffa2ca7f9cc43a005b89a||24408064||SIG|