Release Date: Nov. 27, 2010
Note: It is recommended that you use the latest bug fix release of the 3.1 series, 3.1.4.
Python 3.1.3 was released on November 27th, 2010.
The Python 3.1 version series is a continuation of the work started by Python 3.0, the new backwards-incompatible series of Python. For ongoing maintenance releases, please see the Python 3.2 series. Improvements in this release include:
- An ordered dictionary type
- Various optimizations to the int type
- New unittest features including test skipping and new assert methods.
- A much faster io module
- Tile support for Tkinter
- A pure Python reference implementation of the import statement
- New syntax for nested with statements
See these resources for further information:
- What's New in 3.1?
- What's new in Python 3000?
- Python 3.1.3 Change Log
- Online Documentation
- Conversion tool for Python 2.x code: 2to3
- Report bugs at http://bugs.python.org.
Help fund Python and its community by donating to the Python Software Foundation.
This is a production release. Please report any bugs you may encounter to http://bugs.python.org.
We currently support these formats for download:
- Gzipped source tar ball (3.1.3) (sig)
- Bzipped source tar ball (3.1.3) (sig)
- Windows x86 MSI Installer (3.1.3) (sig)
- Windows x86 MSI program database (3.1.3) (sig)
- Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (3.1.3)  (sig)
- Windows X86-64 program database (3.1.3)  (sig)
- Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC Installer (3.1.3) for Mac OS X 10.3 through 10.6  (sig)
The source tarballs are signed with Benjamin Peterson's key (fingerprint: 12EF 3DC3 8047 DA38 2D18 A5B9 99CD EA9D A413 5B38). The Windows installers are signed with Martin von Löwis' public key which has a key id of 7D9DC8D2. The Mac disk image was signed by Ronald Oussoren's public key which has a key id of E6DF025C. The public keys are located on the download page.
MD5 checksums and sizes of the released files:
d797fa6abe82c21227e328f05a535424 11769584 Python-3.1.3.tgz ad5e5f1c07e829321e0a015f8cafe245 9875464 Python-3.1.3.tar.bz2 e2190c128dd1ebc1364d11f65f9a9560 12695522 python-3.1.3-pdb.zip 5a612090f2f9c9e3ac54c69735de78a9 13522914 python-3.1.3.amd64-pdb.zip c077495e19641111534b974107d6b8d3 14549504 python-3.1.3.amd64.msi 736d8b583d553237dd602461f43dfa65 14300160 python-3.1.3.msi 7c56fb34443ad74a76c5a119f2f7c485 17533819 python-3.1.3-macosx10.3.dmg
|||(1, 2) The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture (formerly EM64T), i.e. the architecture that Microsoft calls x64, and AMD called x86-64 before calling it AMD64. They will not work on Intel Itanium Processors (formerly IA-64).|
|||There is important information about IDLE, Tkinter, and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X here.|
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|bzip2 compressed source tarball||Source release||ad5e5f1c07e829321e0a015f8cafe245||9875464||SIG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||b258ed06a75306bdc143d96337d06e0c||51343360||SIG|
|Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC installer||Mac OS X||for Mac OS X 10.3 and later||7c56fb34443ad74a76c5a119f2f7c485||17533819||SIG|
|Windows debug information files||Windows||e2190c128dd1ebc1364d11f65f9a9560||12695522||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 MSI installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64, not Itanium processors||c077495e19641111534b974107d6b8d3||14549504||SIG|
|Windows x86 MSI installer||Windows||736d8b583d553237dd602461f43dfa65||14300160||SIG|