<H3>SIG on Process Threading in Python</H3>
<h3><font color="ff8090">This sig has been <a href="/community/sigs/retired/">retired.</a></font></h3>
<P>New postings to the mailing list will be rejected, but the archives of the old list are still available for perusal. See the <a href="/community/sigs">SIGs home page</a> for info about active and inactive lists.
<P>This list's mission is to improve the status of threading in Python.
- <li>Python will have a sufficiently powerful threading
- interface that users can concentrate on using threads rather than writing threading tools.
<li>There will be sufficient Python threading documentation.
- <li>Python should support threading well on every platform with
- decent native OS support.
- <li>There should be some kind of answer to the problems caused
- by Python's central interpreter lock.
- <li>The issues of threading with respect to multiprocessor
- machines are addressed. <p>
- <LI><A HREF="http://www.python.org/pipermail/thread-sig/"